APPROVED TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR OF AFRRCS FIRST RESPONDER COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
AFRRCS DISPATCH CENTRE SUPPORT
AFRRCS RADIO TRANSITION
ALBERTA'S LARGEST SELECTION OF AFRRCS-APPROVED RADIO PRODUCTS
The Alberta First Responders Radio Communications System (AFRRCS) is a two-way radio network for first responders in municipal, provincial and First Nations agencies across the province.
WCI specializes in the supply, installation and service of Alberta First Responder Radio Communications Systems – (AFRRCS) permitted radio equipment across Alberta.
WCI is a proud provider of AFRRCS permitted radios, including L3Harris, Tait, KENWOOD Viking®. We can help you determine which AFRRCS radio is right for your agency and end users, taking into consideration advanced features, and ergonomics.
HARRIS AFRRCS PORTABLES
XL-200P MULTIBAND PORTABLE RADIO
Designed with input from public safety professionals, the Harris XL-200P is the only ruggedized portable that delivers leading-edge connectivity across broadband and 700/800 MHz, VHF and UHF-H bands. The XL-200P features a 1.5 watt dual-speaker for crystal clear audio, plus front and top LCD displays–all packaged in a slim, ergonomically-contoured shape.
XL-185P SINGLE-BAND PORTABLE RADIO
Compact and ergonomic, the XL-185P’s controls are shaped for fast, easy, gloved-hand operation. A color-coded display and easy-access A-B-C-D switching allow fast identification and switching to priority talk groups.
XL-95P SINGLE BAND PORTABLE RADIO
The XL Connect 95P is a P25-compliant portable radio, with an open architecture design so it connects seamlessly with multiple agencies and integrates easily with existing infrastructure. Advanced features like Multikey encryption and Over-the-Air-Rekeying (OTAR) are available to ensure your communications and data are safe.
XL-45P SINGLE BAND RADIO
Affordable. Flexible.Unstoppable. The XL-45P delivers all the essentials for critical connectivity and an affordable path to leading-edge communications. Built tough and engineered for clear, loud audio, the XL 45P also features a streamlined interface.
HARRIS AFRRCS MOBILES
XL-200M MULTI-BAND MOBILE RADIO
The High-Performing XL-200M Multiband Mobile Radio. This industry-leading mobile powers interoperable critical communications across multiple frequency bands. The XL 200M delivers crystal-clear audio with advanced noise cancellation, has an intuitive, ease-of-use design and is MIL-STD-810G rated with more ways to connect. This advanced mobile is your on-the-go communications hub, providing hotspot capabilities as you move so you can stay laser-focused on the job.
XL 185M SINGLE BAND MOBILE RADIO
Single-band and LTE ready, the XL 185M is designed for the unique demands of Public Safety and Utilities with built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Solidly reliable in rugged conditions, the versatile XL 185M is MIL-STD-810G rated and delivers audio excellence through advanced noise cancellation technology. And with a high-visibility color LCD display and intuitive menu access, it’s not just a radio, it’s confidence. Everywhere you go.
KENWOOD AFFRCS PORTABLES
Viking 6000 series portable radio is specifically designed for today’s public safety agencies. It offers advanced features and ergonomics to meet the first responder’s mission critical operational needs.
KENWOOD AFFRCS MOBILES
A dual-Band and multi-system radio, the VM900 is equipped with industry leading audio, color display, public safety ergonomics and advanced features including Over-the-Intranet programming (OTIP).
Offering uncompromised quality and performance with public safety ergonomics, the KENWOOD Viking® is the industry’s only mobile platform providing TrueVoice™ noise cancellation.
VIKING® VM6000 HAND-HELD CONTROL HEAD(KCH-21)
This hand-held control is designed to work with the Viking VM6000 mobile radio.
P25 PORTABLE RADIOS
The Tait TP9400 series offer features such as Tait Tough durability, multiple operating modes, internal GPS, Man Down and Lone Worker functionality, and AES encryption capability, giving users complete confidence in their portable communications.
P25 MOBILE RADIOS
The Tait TM9400 is a high-performing, flexible and robust mobile radio that delivers high quality audio and intuitive operation. Multiple modes of operation include analog, P25 Phase 1 conventional, P25 Phase 1 trunked, and P25 Phase 2 Trunked.
LET A WCI TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR FOCUS ON AFRRCS FOR YOU
Our Technical Administrators are your representative to AFRRCS and have a thorough understanding of:
- AFRRCS operational procedures — How to establish a support policy for your agency
- AFRRCS architecture — What the P25 technology offers and where the P25 standard is evolving
- Fleet mapping concepts — The AFRRCS implementation of fleet mapping and building your talk groups
- Day-to-day fleet management — Managing your system with the AFRRCS applications
- Cost saving - Programming your fleet remotely to keep your costs down using over the air rekeying (OTAR) and over the air programming (OTAP)
WCI TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATORS WILL SAVE YOU TIME
Our AFRRCS technical administrators are here to help you get up and running with quick turnaround time. They manage and monitor your AFRRCS in behalf of your fleet, allowing you to spend your time where it's most important. Their tasks include:
- Programming radios
- Fleet mapping talk groups and unique ID’s
- Three maintain user AFRRCS database in the Unified Administration System (UAS)
- Adding/deleting users in your fleet
- Adding/deleting talk groups as identified in the fleet mapping
- Monitoring your agency performance at a system level
- Troubleshooting system problems and coordinating trouble calls to the AFRRCS operations team (OMS) as required
- Access AFRRCS metrics on behalf of your agency to ensure your system is running properly
- Configure and manage dispatch consoles and voice loggers
WORK WITH AFRRCS AGENCY-TRUSTED TECHNICIANS
Agency-trusted technicians assist you by:
- Programming radios after deployment
- Receiving and implementing security keys from the agency crypto officer
- Key loading to radios, logging recorders and consoles
- Radio installation and repairs
- Radio inventory management
- Agency end user training
- Console install, programming, updating and database management
- Configure and manage voice logger systems
- Configure and manage telephone systems